Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still Waiting

Yesterday we had another appointment to check on the baby status. Still no progress to report. Unfortunately I have an "unfavorable" cervix according to my doctor. I'm about 50% effaced and less than 1cm dilated and my cervix is still firm. They are thinking that his head might be too big to fit down the chute so to say and push on the cervix like it's supposed to to get things going.

Friday we are heading back to the doctor to get an ultrasound and see how big he is really getting and make sure everything is still going good in there. If he doesn't get a perfect score on the ultrasound, I might be induced on Friday. If everything is still going good in there we will probably wait until Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I'm not really sure what to think about this or even if there really is anything for me to think about since it seems pretty much out of my hands. I was really hoping he would come on his own and avoid a c-section, but that might just not happen. I am looking forward to seeing him again since we haven't had an ultrasound since 18wks. I'm sure so much has changed. 

It sounds like next week though we will be meeting him in person - I can't believe it's already time. 


  1. Thinkin' about you...and praying for the best! Can't wait to see pictures of your bundle of joy!!

  2. ugh. i think our cervix(es?) could be best friends. i remember being in your shoes. some things are just out of our control. isn't that so terrible? haha, i wanted to smack everyone that said that to me. but, it's the truth. from one control-a-holic to another. ill be thinking of you- good luck at the US next week. and enjoy these last few days before baby! can't wait to "meet" the little one!


Comments make my day! Go ahead...get to typing. I want to hear from you.