Today I am linking up with From Mrs to Mama for a little Show & Tell to talk to you all about Babies! Such a stretch for me right??? Mmmk...
1. Tell us your favorite Baby Names if you have some...
Well...this question isn't going to be so much fun because I'm not a big sharer of baby names. People like to steal or comment negatively and what fun is that? I've got a couple girl names in my back pocket, but I'm fresh out of boy names at the moment. You'll just have to wait and see ;)
2. Show me your dream nursery...
Just this weekend I actually put a mood board together for Jackson's future nursery. I'd been coming up with absolutely nothing then it finally hit me....baby Jack wants Elephants! The same thing happened with Ethan...birds all the way (see his nursery here). I could see nothing else. And you know what, E loves him some birds (or Ka-Ka's as he says). So apparently Jackson is a future little elephant lover.
I plan on using all the same furniture from Ethan's nursery and making my own crib skirt. There are a few other (okay a lot of other) DIY projects in this plan as well. Let's hope I can make this dream nursery a reality with only 3 months left to go. Did I mention I still need to do Ethan's Big Boy Room and finish crafting stuff for E's birthday? Eeeks.
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
I have always wanted four. I've always dreamed of having a big family and can totally envision us all getting together for family dinners when everyone is all grown and having children of their own. Unfortunately that means I have to go through this "terrible two" phase FOUR time though doesn't it? Hmmm, we will see how 2 goes, but I really think 4 will be our number.
I'll probably put a little gap between number 2 and number 3. I'm not sure I could handle having 3 in the house all day so preferably E would be in school before number 3 arrives, but we will see. I tend to be impatient. I'd cluster number 3 and 4 together though. I don't want to be ancient by the time I'm preggo with number 4.
4. What is the most important thing about parenting?
I think this answer will change with every parenting stage, but for the toddler stage? Rolling with the punches. Being able to read your kid and know their limits. Being able to laugh off everything...kids are crazy, gross, messy and completely unpredictable. The biggest most important thing though...is having patience. I'm still learning about that one.
5. Show us your favorite newborn picture...
6. Tell us some things you promised you would never do as a parent...
Do I have to? I've broken most of those rules already haha.
1. No ipad especially in the car....guilty. The kid doesn't sleep in the car anymore and Curious George is the only thing that will make the screaming go away.
2. I never thought I'd be that mom that would let my kid run around pantsless all day. Now? I think pants are totally overrated at least in the house anyways...okay and maybe the yard.
3. Let my kid have a paci past 2...that one I stuck with! It was gone by 6 months.
4. Let my kid make a scene at a restaurant...yeah...guilty. Apparently there are some things you just don't have control over.
5. This isn't something I said I would never do, but I am surprised at how messy I let my kid get and how little it bothers me. I thought I would be really uptight about this, but turns out I'm pretty into just letting him do his own thing and experience the world around him no matter how dirty he gets in the process.