1. We are gearing up for another 4 hour drive this weekend. Thankfully, it is to somewhere new and different. We are going on a mini (very mini) vaycay I might say to Winston-Salem, NC to attend a cousin's graduation. Apparently we are gluttons for punishment as we will be dragging along both baby and dog! Wish us luck.
2. I'm finally getting things put away around this rental and things are starting to feel a bit more settled. I refuse to come back to living out of bags after this weekend.
3. We've had the worst restaurant experiences lately with slow service which you know with a baby is pure torture. It took 45 minutes at O'Charley's yesterday at lunch to get soups and salads. Ethan surprisingly behaved fairly well considering, but by the time food came he was done. He threw his chicken tender across the restaurant and Michael swiftly took him out as I stayed to box up our food and get the check.
4. Doing laundry in the basement is for the birds. I know some of you ladies do this all the time, but this mama is not use to having a basement. I'm one of those people that refuses to make multiple trips, but ends up dropping everything along the way anyways and dragging stuff up and down steep steps into dark and scary dungeonville is not for me. I miss my freshly redone laundry room.
5. I'm starting to get excited about looking for new homes. I'm hoping to start the process next week with the positive outlook that our old home will sell quickly. We have an open house this Sunday for our home and were actually able to reduce our selling price to something that I consider ridiculously low. I know this would normally be a terrible thing, but without going into too much detail, our relocation package allows us to do this without any monetary loss to us. Blessings...really. Now let's hope this home gets sold asap so we can move on with our lives :)
All images are property of Laura Sager unless otherwise noted.