Now that Ethan is over a year, I thought I'd change from monthly letters to a quick photo and word collage update. I still want to keep track of all his loves but I don't feel like being as detailed as I was when he was a baby.
I've seen these on Pinterest and other blogs (thanks AP and Katie!), but most of the ones I'd seen had been created with Photoshop which yours truly does not have...yet. Like always, when I want something bad enough I find out a way to get it done, so I thought I'd share my tricks! I personally did this on a mac, but as a former PC user, I know you can do it there too!
1. Open pages (or word). Go into page set-up and change the document size to 5x7 landscape.
2. Drag your picture into the document (add image on word). On the other side use the shape tool and insert a rectangle (adjust size to take up the rest of the space).
3. Fill the shape with whatever color suits you!
4. Insert text boxes using awesome fonts downloaded from www.dafont.com (thanks twitter folks for the recommendation).
5. Arrange text boxes to your liking.
6. Save as a PDF file.
7. (This part is for mac users only) Open PDF file in Finder. Choose Export and select jpg. (For PC users I believe you can just change the extension or open it in paint.)
8. That's it! You've got a picture you can upload anywhere and use in photo books!