1. Momma is fed up with having a messy kitchen. Say adios to cabinet access baby boy because as soon as your daddy has a minute to pick up a drill those doors will be baby proofed. It was fun while it lasted but now he is just way too mobile for access like that. A bigger boy means bigger destruction I guess and momma is done finding pasta all over the house and slipping on plastic lids.
2. We have already gotten a couple of Christmases under our belt this past weekend. The first Christmas Ethan was a little timid with the gifts but by the second one he got it and enjoyed every minute. I can't wait to see what he thinks Christmas morning although I'm afraid to say that it will probably be less than thrilling compared to what he has already gotten from his grandparents. Sorry kid.
3. Yesterday was the first time ever that I had to leave a grocery store without completing my list. I'll go ahead and preface this with the fact that is was most certainly my fault. It was badly timed and my list was uber long since I was picking up all of our Christmas dinner/brunch foods. Let's just say a container of mushrooms might have gotten bit into, all of our bread might be smashed and some raspberries smooshed. Apparently a full cart enables little hands to access everything. I thought I finally had all the damageable foods pushed out of the way, but the final straw came when my son tried to rip open a pack of bacon with his teeth. I unfortunately had to make scene by yanking it out of his mouth in fear that he might eat raw bacon. It wasn't pretty. I'm pretty sure the onlookers were suspecting abuse. I hung my head in shame and dashed to the checkout line with a screaming toddler in tow. Who needs dairy products anyways right?
4. Now that we have had almost 3 weeks of Christmas festivities going on I can really see things registering with Ethan. He was in awe at first and just taking it all in, but now I can tell that he really wants to be part of it. I'm afraid some real tears might be shed when we take the tree down.
5. Finally, today is the day of my consultation. I'm sure it won't be a big deal, but I always dread things like this. I'm sure I'll find peace once it's over, but if you wanted to send some good vibes in the meantime....they would be much appreciated.